Hello my fine young friends. If you haven't heard, today is the vernal equinox! Waddup, springtime? We missed you! In light of this fabulous time of change and renewal, I wanted to share with you all a little spell I am planning on casting this evening. It's also worth noting that as well as being the vernal equinox, today is also the day of a total solar eclipse and super moon. This is a very magical time indeed!
The spell I'm sharing with you today has less to do with any formal pagan or Wiccan sect of practice, and more so to do with my own inventions and dabblings. Without further ado:
What You Will Need:
- A piece of paper
- A flame or fire
- A glass of water
- A delicious food
1. Tear the piece of paper in half. On one half, write down three things you would like to cast off. These may be negative thoughts or beliefs, unhealthy relationships, or bad habits that no longer serve you.
2. Hold the paper over the flame or toss it in the fire and watch it burn. While you watch, allow your mind to cleanse itself of the things you wrote down.
3. Allow your mind a short healing break after the paper has completely burnt. Drink a glass of water and allow your mind to rest and wander.
4. After you finish the glass of water, take the second piece of paper and write down three things you want to create, renew, or manifest. These may be relationships, healthy beliefs or habits, success in work or school. Really think about these things and get specific.
5. Place the paper where you can see it and eat your yummy food. With each bite, enjoy the taste of the food, and then imagine enjoying one of the things you wrote on the paper. With each bite, focus on a different thing. Imagine how happy and grateful you feel to have whatever that thing is.
6. After you finish your dessert, put the paper somewhere you will see it and focus on your desires whenever you see it.
Spring is a great time for this kind of spell because of the renewing and creative energy at this time. The equinox is also a good time to request and enact change, since the seasons are changing as well.
It is important to note the setting you cast your spell in. Try to do it somewhere you feel safe and happy. I like to do spells in my room or a friend's room with candles burning, or in a place in the woods that I feel particularly connected to. I hope you enjoy the spell! Have a magical springtime!