Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lemon Bars


Today I'm sharing a dee-licious lemon bar recipe. I first made these for a Thanksgiving dessert back when I was 9 or 10 and making these was one of my first baking experiences, which eventually spurred me to become completely obsessed with baking, as I am today :)
This recipe is from Betty Crocker with some of my own edits. 

Ingredients: 

1
cup butter or margarine, softened
2 1/4
cups all-purpose flour
2
cups granulated sugar
4
eggs
2
teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/2
cup fresh lemon juice
2
tablespoons powdered sugar

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. In medium bowl mix butter, 2 cups of the flour and 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar. Press into the bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.

3.Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until center is set and edges just begin to brown.

4.In medium bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup flour and remaining 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar with whisk. Add eggs, lemon peel and lemon juice; stir with whisk until well combined. Pour over partially baked crust.

5.Bake 18 to 22 minutes longer or until center is set and edges are golden brown. The bars will firm up as they cool. Cool 1 hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)