Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Ideas Journal!


Today I would like to introduce you to one of my favorite creations: 
My Ideas Journal!
I made it out of a Mini Wheats box a few months ago, made the cute little illustration on the front, and I have been busy filling it ever since! I have found the creation of my Ideas journal immensely helpful, because it keeps me organized, inspired, and constantly thinking of new things.
Here's how it works: 
  • I write in my Ideas journal every night. It's like a ritual, before I go to bed. I spend five to thirty minutes writing down any new ideas I've had that day, plus other stuff I can think of while I'm writing
  • I include everything in this journal: blog post ideas, possible money-making ventures, ideas for Movie Making Club, which I run at my school, thoughts on college and career stuff, product ideas, dreams for the future, and solutions to problems 
  • Instead of keeping tedious sections and lists on different pages, I just write the dat at the top of the entry, diary style, and then write out my ideas below, usually in list form, with descriptions and drawings for clarity
  • On the inside covers, I pasted in pictures that inspire me to fuel my ideas. Plus, it looks prettier than the cereal box exterior



Do you have an ideas journal? Do you want to make one now? 
Do it! 

3 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! You're so...well, I'm not sure what the word is. Useful? Thrifty? Amazing? Nevertheless, the fact this is made up of a cereal box is truly genius. I hope you always remain this creative because it certainly is very heart warming and inspiring for me to see! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great you do this. Now I want an Ideas journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a poem when I was 13 years old and my quote ;
    “Is that death I smell, or just her perfume”?
    Sharon Van Ert

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)