Monday, June 18, 2012

A Quick Guide to Healthy Eating

My yummy breakfast this morning! Watermelon and eggs :)

Healthy eating is a challenge for many of us. I always try to eat healthfully, but a rampant sweet tooth and the convenience factor of unhealthy food are tough to beat. On top of that, there's a simple lack of knowledge, leading to all kinds of questions about a healthy diet:
How much of one kind of food should I eat? Is this food better for me than that one? 
How much food is enough? 
As it turns out, a very small amount. 
We are all used to hearing that portion sizes are huge, but the right portion size still seems unclear. 
 I created a handy chart below to provide guidance for healthy eating which includes the number of servings required for each food group and what one serving of each food type can be defined as. 
You can drag and drop this to your desktop so that you always have it to refer to :) (That's what I did!)

Other Healthy Eating Tips

  • You can use a food scale to weigh your food and find out how many servings you are eating
  • It's important to eat foods of many different colors, as this will insure that you get many diverse vitamins
  • For those of us with a sweet tooth, the total amount of fats sweets and oils that may be consumed per day is 24 grams or 6 teaspoons
  • Everything in moderation :)
Eat healthy and stay happy :)


4 comments:

  1. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. athletic greens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable. Therefore, I would like to thank you for the endeavors that you have made in writing this article. All the content is absolutely well-researched. Thanks... read more

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)