Today my friends and I made the most delicious snickerdoodle cookies, and I decided the recipe was too good not to share. This recipe makes really soft and moist cookies, so if that's the way you like 'em, I highly suggest that you try making these.
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Mix butter, 11/2 cups sugar, and eggs thoroughly in a small bowl
3. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate, larger bowl
4. Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture
5. Chill dough dough and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the refrigirator
6. Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl
7. Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat these globs by rolling them around in the mixture.
8. Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from pan immediately.