Saturday, March 23, 2013

Recipe: Crock-Pot Baked Apples


Hello there!
I'm checking in to share this delicious recipe I made with my mom today. It's super easy and very delicious: Baked Apples via Skinny Chef. I found the recipe on Pinterest, and I decided to try it. My family had a lovely dessert tonight :)

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 6 Gala or Macintosh apples, cored
  • 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
  • 2 tablespoons orange liquor (optional)

  • 1. Mix together the brown sugar, butter or margarine, cinnamon, and walnuts together in a medium bowl. 
  • 2. Remove most of the core from all the apples, but make sure to leave the bottom still intact, so that the apple acts like a little cup. You can use a melon-baller or a small knife and spoon for this task. 
  • 3. Stuff the apples with equal amounts of the brown sugar mixture and place in the crock-pot. 
  • 4. Pour in the apple juice or cider, and the liquor if you choose. Then cover and let sit on low heat for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. 

  • Some Tips:
  • -I did not use liquor and these were delicious anyways!
  • -I recommend not peeling the apples since they hold together better when you are serving them if they still have the peel on. Plus, more fiber!
  • -In substitute of walnuts, I used pecans, and these were still very good. 
  • -These can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
  • Happy baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)