It's officially spring, which means it's time for a spring style post! Can you smell the spring in the air? I sure can, and summer's on the way, just begging me to break out the high-waisted shorts. I can't wait!
For this season, I'm focusing on two different style aspects. First, we have a nod to the more vintage elements that are popular this season, with throwbacks to the 50s, the 90s, and pretty much every decade in between. Beyond that, I'm focusing on what I like to call "West Coast Punk", which basically consists of tie-dye, yin-yangs, and plenty of teen angst. Enjoy:
- Simple silhouettes and solid colors
- Lacy details
- Vintagey extras like scrunchies, collars, and saddle shoes
- LOTS of tank tops!
- Denim elements
- Tie-dye forever!
- Graphic t-shirts, especially with yin-yangs
- Iron-on patches
- Classic shoes like Doc Martens, Converse, and Vans
- Cool uniques items like friendship bracelets, interesting jewelry, and rad sunglasses
Here's my mood board for spring style. I wish I could skate.
This season, my outfits will be more concentrated on different fabrics and textures, as well as different accessories. I also get to go back to wearing tank tops, which are my favorite clothing item (seriously, I own about seven)! I'm focusing a lot on flowers, especially daisies, and tie-dye. So much tie-dye. I recently bought a pair of tie-dye overalls, and I can't wait to show them off! This season, specific colors are less important than they have been in the past, although I will be experimenting with more greens, oranges, blacks, purples, and pinks.
Places To Find Items Like These:
- Your mom's closet. Your dad's closet. Your friend's older sister's closet. Seriously, other people have some awesome things just sitting around. Your parents might have some pretty rad stuff that they wore when they were teenage punks, or hippies, or whatever. One time I found a silver velvet crop top in my mom's closet. I wear it all the time!
- Stuff like tie-dye, patched-up backpacks, scrunchies, cutoff shorts, and floral crowns are the ultimate DIY projects. Make a party out of it by getting together a bunch of your friends and making this stuff together!
- Check thrift stores for stuff like unique jewelry, iron-on patches, cool sunglasses, and of course, tank tops.
- Look at Etsy or eBay for vintage items, and check websites like ASOS, Romwe, Motel Rocks, and ModCloth for trendier items.