via The Gunny Sack
Let me introduce to you one of my latest masterpieces, the Chocolate Nutella Mousse Torte. I used a recipe from The Gunny Sack to make this cake last week for my graduation party and everyone was extremely impressed. Especially me!
Here's the recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix Nutella, eggs, milk, and oil together.
3. Add cake mix, and stir.
4. Pour into two greased 9 inch cake pans.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, allow to cool completely before assembling the torte.
6. While the cakes are baking, make the mousse. First, beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
7. Add Nutella, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
8. Fold in a large container of whipped topping.
9. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
10. Cut the two cakes in half horizontally.
11. Place one round on a platter and spread 1/4 of the mousse over it. Continue until all four layers are stacked on top each other and spread with mousse.
12. Melt the 1/2 cup of chocolate frosting and drizzle it over the cake.
13. Soften the candy bar in the microwave for a few seconds.
14. Make chocolate curls by running a vegetable peeler along the edge of the candy bar, and top the cake with them.
15. Store in the fridge until ready to be enjoyed!