Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer Gift Package Exchange!

via The Happy Mail Project

Hello everyone. The first day of summer just occurred quite recently, and to celebrate, I am organizing a gift/care package swap! Do you want to get in on this? Yeah, you do!
Here's how it works:

1. You email me your mailing address at aplleegrl@yahoo.com. 

3. You assemble your care package you are going to send. 

3. I randomly pick an address for you to send a care package to and email you the address by Thursday, July 4th. 

4. You ship your package by July 5th, next Friday. 

5. You receive your own package and enjoy!!
Please note that you must join the swap by Thursday, July 4. 
I advise joining well ahead of the shipping date, which is the next day, July 5th. That way you will have a lot of time to prepare your package and make it look nice. Also, everyone must pay shipping for their own package

Sound good to you? Rad. So, now that you've decided to participate and have emailed me your address, you have a care package to assemble! But what are you going to put in it? Well, I happen to be participating in this swap myself, and I have a few ideas (of course!). 


- Some delicious cookies! The ones shown above are cinnamon roll cookies, yummy. 

- A small bar of soap or tub of lotion. 

- A cute scarf from a thrift store they can wear this summer. 

- A hand painted bookmark!

- Pressed flowers. 

- A zine on the topic of your choice. 

- Cool stickers. 

- Origami animals. 


- Little buttons or pins or iron on patches. The butterflies are here in this Etsy shop. 

- Jewelry. Cool rings, earrings, and bracelets are always nice.

- A mix CD of your current favorite songs or some summer theme songs!

- A copy of your favorite book. 

- Hair accessories like scrunchies, headbands, or clips. They always come in handy. 

- A mini deodorant. It's gonna be a hot summer!

- A little collection of recipe cards for your favorite recipes. 


- A flower crown

- A small handmade stuffed animal. 

- A bottle of your favorite nail polish, for summer mani-pedis!

- Some small candles.

- A handwritten card or letter. 

These are just a few ideas I cooked up, if you think of more, that's great! If you want to go the extra mile, try and make the package itself look pretty as well! If you need inspiration, check out The Happy Mail Project, I just found the site and I love it!
Please note that the last day to join the swap is Thursday, July 4th. 
After this time I will not be accepting any more potential swappers. 

Email me at aplleegrl@yahoo.com if you're interested and tell your friends about it too! The more people we get involved, the more fun it will be!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)