Saturday, August 10, 2013

One Cool Chick: Sarah D.

Hello, everyone and may I present to you the latest installment in my Cool Person Series! This feature continues to be one of my favorite parts of this blog, so if missed earlier posts, I recommend that you read them. 
This time I interviewed Sarah, who runs her own cute-as-all-get-out Etsy shop, Urban Studs! She has been very successful. She opened up shop in March of this year and has had 89 sales to date! Awesome! She even prints the graphics herself. 
Here is what Sarah had to say:
1. What do you like to do or create?

       I make, sell, and design clothing for my Etsy shop, UrbanStuds. We sell beanies, muscle tees, sweaters and more!

 2. What do you do for fun?

       When I'm not hanging out with my friends or family, I like to design new graphics, take pictures with my Canon Powershot G1X, skateboard, read poems by M.K. and listen to music! I love alternative indie rock music. 

 3. What do you draw inspiration from? 

       Seeing the diversity of different fashion senses from all around the world really gives me inspiration. I travel with my family very often and the main places where I have been inspired are Spain, France, England, North Africa, the Caribbean, and big cities like New York City, where I live. Music also gives me inspiration which might sound weird since you can't really see music but when I listen to music and look at the lyrics to a song it puts me in a good mood and gives me motivation to create designs. Some of my favorite artists and bands are Vampire Weekend, Oberhofer, The Strokes and Bon Iver.

 4. How would you describe yourself?

      I would describe myself as open-minded, I'm always open to new things, cultures, ideas and foods. I'm pretty friendly too, I love meeting new people from different places!

 5. What are some things you believe in?

           Achievement after hard work. If you have a goal, keep working toward it. I say hard work and achievement come hand in hand. 

 6. What are you going to study in college/ what career path will you pursue?

      In college I'm interested in studying law and doing fashion and UrbanStuds on the side as a hobby that I'll always enjoy!

 7. What made you decide to open an Etsy shop?

      I've always loved doing DIY fashion projects at home. This past winter I did a DIY studded sweater and posted a picture of it on my Instagram. A lot of my friends commented on it saying where can I get one!? So I made a few more sweaters and sold them mainly to just friends and girls at my school. By March I had sold close to 50 studded and dip dyed sweaters to girls in my school so I decided that I should make a etsy shop and start selling to everyone!

 8. What is your favorite thing about running an Etsy shop? Your least favorite thing?

      My favorite thing about running an Etsy shop is hearing my customers positive feedback. It makes my day to read comments and emails from people saying they like my clothing. I just find it so fascinating that people as far as Puerto Rico, Hawaii and Canada love the clothing that I make. As for my least favorite, I don't dislike anything about having an Etsy shop. I've never had a reason to regret it and don't think I ever will. I love designing and creating clothing and I'm thankful to have found a place where I can sell my clothing!


 I asked Sarah to share some pictures of the clothing she makes and photos she takes, and here is what she had to show us:




Be sure to visit Sarah's Etsy shop, Urban Studs

Also, if you think it would be cool to get interviewed by me, please contact me in the comments below or send me an email at aplleegrl@yahoo.com. I love talking to new people and I want to share your story here on Good Vibrations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)