Thursday, August 22, 2013

Work Out and Feel Like A Queen


Today we are going to talk about exercise. Exercising is an absolutely fantastic thing to incorporate into your daily routine. It increases your endorphin levels, which are chemicals that make you feel good, tones and strengthens your muscles, helps you look good, and is generally a great boost for your health and wellbeing. 
I had never been a huge fan of exercising. Growing up, I was decent at sports but would rather read or draw than shoot hoops. I didn't start working out regularly until January of this year, when I found the first-ever workout routine I have been loyal to on Pinterest:


I did at least two, and sometimes four, of these every day. These are great because they aren't a huge time commitment so I almost always have time to fit them in even if I'm busy.  In addition to my regular routines up top, I try new ones every once in a while to mix it up, because it's good to have variety. 
 Since January, I've noticed a lot of positive impacts that have come from these workouts. I'm stronger, more slender, and a lot more toned. My muscles actually have definition! It feels great to really believe in my body and my own physical strength. 

If you do not already work out, please, try it! Working out does wonders for your self esteem and there are so many resources online these days, there is no reason not to. Some of my favorite websites that offer fitness routines, motivational material, and nutrition advice are: Move Till You Can't, Glittering Sweat, Keep Going, Downtownn, and Back On Pointe. For more resources you can also visit my Health/Fitness Pinterest board and read my article A Quick Guide To Health Eating

Next up on my fitness journey, I'd like to try this:
Variety in your routines and workouts is always important and I really encourage you all to find exercise forms that you like. Try things like Zumba or yoga classes, or try swimming rather than running laps. 
If anyone has any fitness advice, stories, or experiences they'd like to share, I'd love to hear about them. Comment below or email me at aplleegrl@yahoo.com. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)