Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Outfit Post: Prince$$




Dress- Thrifted and DIYed, Jacket - Thrifted, Headband- Forever 21, Stockings - Sock Dreams, Boots - Target, Backpack - a gift, from Peru

Hey everyone! I wore this outfit on Monday to visit some friends in San Francisco that I went to Academy of Art with, and it was so good to see them. While I was there we were talking about cheesy tattoos and I mentioned one I had seen on the inside of someone's lip that read "Prince$$", which is where this post gets its name from.
I found this dress at my local thrift shop for $3. It was originally about mid-calf length and had shoulder pads (cringe) so I took those out and cut off a decent portion of fabric on the bottom to make it an acceptable length. I was originally planning on hemming it but I accidentally cut it too short so I left it unfinished instead. I kind of like it better this way though, it gives it more of a grunge effect. Although it is obviously several sizes too big for me, I loved the color and texture, and it has pockets! I had been looking for a dress that was loose fitting and here I found the answer. This dress is so comfy, I want to wear it way more often than I should. Also I love these stockings, they are so versatile. I dressed in layers because San Francisco has notorious weather and these were the perfect option.
I'm moving into UCSC on Friday! I'm so excited, but at the same time it doesn't quite feel real. In a matter of days, I will be a full-fledged college student. Goodness.
Here are some more pictures of the outfit:





This is what the dress looked like before, blehh:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)