Friday, December 6, 2013

The Liebster Award!


Hello everyone! I found out recently that I was asked to take part in the Liebster Award by Miriam from Miriam versus Monster! Thank you, Miriam! 
Here's a little background on the Liebster Award: 
Liebster Award: 

This award is to help bloggers with under 200 followers 
promote themselves and get talking with other bloggers

What do you have to do?

- Each nominee must answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated them
- You must then choose 11 others who have under 200 followers to pass on the award
- Tell them about their nomination
- Choose 11 new questions for them to answer, and so on!

So, here are my answers to Miriam's eleven questions:


1. Where do you get inspiration for outfits from?

I am very inspired by nature. Nature has a vicious beauty to it in the fact that it creates things like butterflies and flowers and beautiful landscapes, but just as easily and quickly, it destroys them with death, flooding, erosion, and what have you. Nowadays my favorite outfits are a study on the convergence of beauty and hostility seen in nature. To put this in visual terms, I wear a lot of black but also lots of colors and feminine details like lace. I am also heavily inspired by vintage. I love the styles of the fifties and sixties as well as the nineties, and since I shop mostly in thrift stores, my clothes tend to be from those eras, so it works out pretty nicely. 

2. Streetstyle or catwalk?

Street style, please! I think anything put out by a major designer is just very contrived. The fashion industry in general just screams consumerism to me. I love street style because it is much more individual. Street style says something about the person wearing it and gives me ideas about expressing myself when I see how others do it. 

3. What kind of shoes do you prefer?

Comfortable shoes are my life. I wear my Doc Marten Flanagans every day, because they are so comfortable. I definitely went through a phase where the only shoes I ever wore were sneakers, especially Converse. 

4. Why did you name your blog as you did?

I named my blog Good Vibrations after one of my favorite songs by the Beach Boys, but also because the mission of my blog is basically to share my ideas about creating a beautiful, happy life so that others can do the same. Basically, I blog to send out good vibes to others, and I like to think that Good Vibrations is full of good vibes. 

5. Do you keep your blog a secret from people that know you?

I’ve been blogging since I was thirteen, and I definitely kept that a secret up until maybe two years ago. Now that I’m older, it’s easier to share this with other people, but I also feel that my skills as a blogger have come a long way in five years, so I feel proud of my blog when I show it to people. I do still get a little nervous sometimes though. This blog is my brainchild, it is very important to me. 


6. What is the piece of clothing you would never go without?

I am very attached to this jean jacket that belonged to my mom in the 80s. It has huge pockets, so I never have to carry a purse or hold onto stuff, and it looks very tough. I get compliments on it all the time. It fits like the one in the photo, so it's super comfy. 

7. Do you go shopping for the pure pleasure of it or with specific things in mind?

I don’t go shopping very often, and when I do, it’s usually at a thrift store. I might have a general idea in mind, but ultimately, I end up picking up one or two items that I really like. 

8. How would other people describe your style?

I asked my roommates about this! 
Here is what they said:
Sam: Laid-back
Carina: Unique
Neither of them were in a very talkative mood. 

9. Dress up for outfit posts or show what you're already wearing?

I usually show what I’m already wearing, unless I want to show a cool outfit that I wore a few days ago but didn’t have time to take a picture of.

10. It's your birthday and you get to choose one present from whatever designer collection you want. What present would that be?
Definitely this dress by Elie Saab. Everything about it is perfect!


11. Are you brave enough to ask random people on the streets if you may take a picture of them?

Yes! And I can prove it! I will be debuting a monthly street style feature in January featuring my fellow UCSC students and I am so excited to start working on it :)

Now that I answered the questions, I must choose eleven others to give the Liebster Award to. I picked:

jessicamullen.com
Zany Style
Sleeping Plum
Flaneur
Things You Remember
Simply Pixie
Charlotte's Web
Haute Hope
My Mother Fucked Mick Jagger

You must answer these eleven questions:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What is your favorite part of blogging?
3. What do you like to write about?
4. What inspires you?
5. What do you like to do for fun?
6. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
7. What is something you secretly really want to do?
8. What are some things you believe in?
9. Who is your favorite author and why?
10. What is some advice you might give to other bloggers trying to do what you do?
11. What do career do you want to pursue/are you pursuing and why?

After you answer the questions, find eleven other bloggers and pass on the award to those you deem worthy. Don't forget to tell them about their nomination!

Good luck!
Okay, this has been a very long post! I hope you guys found my answers intriguing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)