I somewhat recently had my half birthday, so I thought I'd do an update post to see how far along I've come with my list of 18 things to do before 19. The things I have done are crossed out below:
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Call/contact all my relatives at least once and actually talk to them
Go to a concert!
- Go camping without my family
Dye my hair and then cut it. Really. Get a job
- Make a zine
Make my dorm beautiful!
- Take a surfing class
- Go on a road trip to Salvation Mountain and Nevada
- Do the splits
- Do the ancestry.com thing
- Be a street performer for a day
- Sing a lot, maybe join a band?
- Make my Magic Box
- Go to a rave
- Go running twice a month
- Draw or photograph seven beautiful portraits.
Oh man, I've only done 4 out of 18 things in the last 6 months. Time to pick up the pace! I am planning on doing a few of these over summer when I have a little more time on my hands, including the road trip and camping. Most of these just haven't happened because of a lack of funds, materials, or mindfulness. However, now that I have a job I can actually do things like go to a rave or pay for a surfing class! Awesome! These next six months are obviously going to be action packed, and that's something to look forward to.