Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Life Lessons From a 19 Year-Old


   

 Hi, everyone! I recently had my 19th birthday, and I spent some time reflecting on what I learned in the past year of my life. I wanted to share these lessons with you all in a video form,  just to make it more personal and conversation-like, but here's a brief list of them below too!

1. Forgiving yourself is key to growth and happiness.

2. Getting upset with yourself when you can't complete every task you want to do is not conducive to self-love. Instead, you must celebrate your progress.

3.Reading is awesome! The library is your friend.

4. If you are thinking of breaking up with your partner with any feelings besides discomfort, you should probably break up with them.

5. Always express your feelings toward other people and let them know you like them.

6. Never bury your emotions. Deal with negative feelings as soon as possible and work through it fully.

7. Do no harm. Treat all living things with respect and kindness, including yourself.

8. Being connected to your feelings and spirituality is very important for your own wellbeing.

9. Reach out to the people around you. Connect with your family and friends.

10. Loving yourself is REALLY IMPORTANT.

11. Live with intention. Focus your mind on what you want.

12. Act on your ideas and be prolific and productive.

13. Experimentation and variety are things to be embraced. Try new things!

     I hope that these life lessons I have shared with you all may help some of you see things in a new light or gain a new understanding of life, just as I have in the past year. If any of you have any thoughts, experiences, or life lessons of your own, please feel free to share with me in the comments section or at my email account which you can find under the About Me tab up top :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)