Monday, May 27, 2013

Fluffy and Delicious Pancakes

Photo via Sweet as Sugar Cookies

Hi everyone, today I am sharing an awesome pancake recipe from the blog Sweet as Sugar Cookies. I've recently become somewhat pancake-obsessed, and these are my go-to basic pancake. Better than Bisquick, I promise. These are really fluffy but also sweet and super tasty, and I like to add in banana slices and lots of chocolate chips if I am feeling so inclined. Here's the recipe:

1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. milk
2 large eggs
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil (I used melted butter)

1. If using an electric griddle, heat to 325F, or set on medium heat.

2. In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and oil/butter. Pour the liquid mixture over the flour mixture and whisk until combined. Make sure not to overmix the batter.
4. Grease the griddle or skillet. Once hot, pour 1/3 cup batter for each pancake. 

5. Add your mix-ins if desired. 
6. Flip when small holes appear, about 1 1/2-2 min. (mine took about 30 seconds-1 min.). Cook second side until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)