Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Good Vibrations Vintage Is Open!


    Hello, everyone. So, as you might have noticed, I have added an Etsy badge to the left column of my blog. Good Vibrations Vintage is open for business, baby! 

   For a long time I have dabbled in Etsy shop ownership. At one time, I was selling stuffed owls. Then I sold several vintage items, but abandoned that to sell a pair of DIY-ed sneakers and lots of tie-dyed socks (none of which ever sold). Ever since I read the book Alligators, Old Mink, and New Money: One Woman's Adventures in Vintage Clothing when I was twelve, I have wanted to own a vintage shop. The book is basically a long account of Alison Houtte's various escapades as a vintage shop owner, and it inspired me to one day dabble in vintage myself. When I was eight, both my aunt and my babysitter started taking to thrift shops and teaching me all about the wonders of used clothes, which also nurtured an interest in vintage apparel. My personal style has always leaned toward the retro side, leading to a natural appreciation for vintage clothing. 

    I have somehow managed to procrastinate revamping and re-opening my Etsy shop for at least half a year, but I am finally doing it and I couldn't be more excited. I get a lot of the clothes I sell from church flea markets, various Goodwills, my parent's closet, and my own neighborhood thrift shop (and my personal favorite) The Happy Dragon. I really enjoy running a vintage store because I get paid to thrift shop, something I both enjoy and am good at. 

    After I put up a few more listings I will be hosting a giveaway with my shop merchandise, so be on the lookout! Please feel free to go check out my shop and look at the items for sale. Tell me what you think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)