Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Baked Brie Recipe


My roommates and I had a Halloween party last week and I made baked brie to add a little sophistication. It was delicious, and we all felt very fancy. The original recipe came form here but I kind of just improvised for myself and it turned out delicious. I can see this becoming a signature party dish of mine in the future. 

Ingredients

1 Brie circle (mine was pretty small, maybe 5 inches in diameter)
1 8 oz package crescent rolls or dough sheet in a can
1/4 cup preserves (I used Orange & Apricot)

Directions:

1. Roll out dough (or crescent rolls) and shape into a rectangle, mine was about 8 by 12 inches

2.  Spread half of the preserves (1/8th of a cup, if it matters) on the rectangle. Set the Brie in the center and spread with the remaining preserves. 

3. Tuck all the edges of the rectangle around the Brie and join them on top. 

4. Flip the Brie so that the seams of the dough are now on the bottom and place on an ungreased baking sheet. 

5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. 

7. Serve with baguette slices, crackers, or apple slices. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)