Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happiness Project 2014


      Hello everyone, and Happy New Year! Today I am going to tell you all about my Happiness Project. Some of you may have heard of Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project Blog or read her book, The Happiness Project. If not, basically what she does is she sets up a year-long project for herself, with the ultimate goal of upping her happiness. Each month has a theme, like Mindfulness, or Energy, and each month has different goals and resolutions that she checks herself on every day, such as "Go to sleep by 9" or "Sing in the mornings". 

      Starting a happiness project is a great idea because it's a very systematic and real way of finding happiness. Splitting areas of focus up between months also allows you to concentrate on one idea. 


After reading Gretchen's book, I was inspired to create my own version of a Happiness Project, which I will now share. The numbered themes correspond with the months, so January's theme is "Health" and so on. 

January - Health

February - Self-Acceptance

March - Law of Attraction

April - Friendship

May - Buy Some Happiness

June - Adventure

July - Love

August - Pursue a Passion

September - Aim Higher

October - Commit

November - Create

December - Excellence

      All of these months come with their own subcategories of goals and resolutions, which I will be sharing each month, to keep me on track. 

      What do you think about starting a happiness project? Sound like a good idea? I know it can definitely keep a girl busy! Think about this as you're making your New Year's resolutions. I can also recommend reading my article, How to Set Cool Goals. I wish you all an amazingly magical 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)