Wednesday, January 15, 2014

One Cool Chick: Lizzie M.


Hey guys! For my next addition to the Cool Person Series, I interviewed Lizzie. She's super cool, and I especially love her art! I've been following her on Tumblr and Polyvore for a while, and I love what she had to say for these questions, check her out:


What do you like to do or create?

I love to draw. I love collaging even more, it's so therapeutic. In high school, I made an actual art portfolio. Since being in college the past year and a half, I'm just trying to keep a personal sketchbook made of index cards where I can get all my creative energy out. I'm a big fan of creating graphic patterns, using neutral colors, and lately I've been experimenting with really minimal collages.

What do you do for fun?

 I'm a full-time student, but when I have the time, I love to read, binge watch TV on Netflix (just finished Breaking Bad!), and hang out with friends around campus. When I'm back home in Colorado, I love to hike. I'm also in the process of joining a sorority so hopefully that will bring more fun my way while I'm at school.

What do you draw inspiration from? 

I love nature, from the entire landscape of the Rocky Mountain range to the smallest little leaf. No matter what, it's beautiful just because it is. Novels and music always inspire me and help me understand the story behind what I make. I'm eternally inspired by Vincent Van Gogh and Frida Kahlo, as artists and as people. (I record a lot of my inspirations on my Tumblr: perfect-weather.tumblr.com).

How would you describe yourself? 

I'm a very creative person and I love to just think and observe, so I tend to be quiet unless I feel that what I have to say really means something. I try to find the best in everything, yet I'm known as the sarcastic punk in my group of friends.

What are you studying in college/ what career path will you pursue? 

I'm an English major, and I'm considering a minor in Philosophy or Applied Ethics. I'm on a track right now where I will teach on a small stipend for two years after graduation while I get my Master's Education degree. I'd love to teach literature in high school for a while, then depending on what's happening in my life I might go for my PhD!

I also asked Lizzie to share some of her artwork, and this is what she had to show us!












Thank you, Lizzie! 

Are you guys diggin' the Cool Person Series? I know I am!
If you would like to be interviewed, please comment or email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)