Wednesday, May 28, 2014

One Cool Chick: Nat P.



       Today I'd like to welcome the next installment in my Cool Person Series, an interview with Nat P.! I asked Nat to share some of her photos whit us, and you can see those below, along with a sample of her poetry. Read on to get to know her:

What do you like to do or create?
My greatest love is styling outfits that are out of the ordinary and ahead or even behind the current trend. I also love photography, especially of art in everyday cities or something out of the ordinary in a basic environment.

What do you do for fun?
Besides being glued to the tv when my favorite shows are on, I make an attempt to write poetry and do some journaling, pressing flowers is something I'm trying to get into more. I also spend mostly every weekend scouring my town for garage sales and heading to the local thrift stores. And I go to a pretty large amount of concerts per year but what can you do? The heart wants what the heart wants.



What do you draw inspiration from?
Tumblr is my main source of inspiration, there's just so many great pictures and ideas on there! Besides that nature and music are my number one influence when it comes to photography and poetry. Besides that I look to Lookbook for style ideas but sometimes I try to stay far away from it in order to avoid the crazy jealousy that comes with it.

How would you describe yourself?
I think I'm pretty contradictory to be honest. I love being alone but my greatest fear is being alone in a large group of people. I try to do my own thing and not be too influenced on societies beliefs and trends. I'm really quiet and shy but when I'm with my friends or family you can't get me to shut up.


What are some things you believe in?
There is no strict path in life. You can live how you want and do what you like and make your own plan. I also think that how good you are as a person is determined by your affect on others. You can drink, party and do drugs but at the end of the day its all about how happy you make the people you love feel.

What are you studying in college/ what career path will you pursue?
I haven't decided yet, I should've mentioned when I described myself that I am terribly indecisive, but I'm hoping to study styling or visual communications at FIDM or maybe up in Vancouver. If that doesn't work out maybe photography, but I always thought it'd be fun to be a tour guide in a country I'd love to live in.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)