Friday, October 11, 2013

One Cool Chick: Alannah G.



 Hello everyone! Today I'm extremely excited to show you guys the interview I did with Alannah from Clog Princess. Ever since I discovered her blog, she has been one of my internet heroes, so when she said I could interview her, I was so, so excited. I'm especially obsessed with her Art Journal, as you can see from this earlier post I wrote about her journals and how inspiring they are. 
Okay, enough from me, please enjoy what she had to say: 

What do you like to do or create?

I enjoy lots of cute crafts but my main project are my art journals. I've always loved the idea of keeping a journal, but hate reading back over my lame words. When I was in high school I did a lot of altered books, so art journalling is really an extension of that, but much more personal. I love little DIY projects as well - I've been making lots of letter bracelets recently of all my favourite things - ones that read "hermionie", "girl power" or "sloths". I've been giving them away to friends. :)

What do you do for fun?

Well right now I'm really busy involved in my psychology degree, so a lot of study takes up my time! I love op shopping though and spending my weekends lazing around markets. I love going on picnics and down to the beach, which is very close to my home. Bike riding is fun, and I always love reading as much as I can.

What do you draw inspiration from?

Tumblr is a huge source of inspiration, but because there are so many artists and amazing people! I think inspiration is anywhere. Once I saw a t-shirt online that had a tombstone with the words "R.I.P Girl Hate" and I thought that was really cool so I based a page in my journal from that. It totally depends on where you look and what you take from that!

How would you describe yourself?

"Happy" is the first word that comes to mind, I am normally smiling and planning elaborate things for myself to do. I think I'm introverted; although I love people and making new friends is amazing I totally need some alone time to unwind. 

What are some things you believe in?

I believe in an abstract form of karma - I believe if you are kind and project goodness into the world, that will come back to you. I don't subscribe ton a religion but I believe we are only on the earth for a short time and we should be as happy as possible while we are here.

What are you studying in college/ what career path will you pursue?

I'm studying a bachelor of psychology at the moment, and am thinking of working with young girls in halfway houses. Feminism is really important to me and I'd like the opportunity to help young women.


I also asked Alannah to show us some pictures that represent her personal style and creative work, and here is what she had to show us:












I could scroll through her art journal tag for days on end, I swear. 

I hope you all enjoyed this latest edition of the Cool Person series! If you guys have suggestions about more questions to ask or you would like to be interviewed, just comment or email me any time. My email is in my About tab up top :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)