Thursday, February 6, 2014

Happiness Project Update: February


     Today's post is an update on my Happiness Project. February's theme is Self-Love, which fits in nicely along with all the love in the air, considering the proximity of Valentine's Day. However, before I discuss this month, I'd like to talk about last month. 

     January's theme was Health, and the goals I made for that month were these:

- Exercise 3 times a week

- Go running 3 times a week

    - Do 7 day fitness bootcamp

    - Get 9 hours of sleep a night (go to bed earlier)

      - Eat 3 fruits and 3 veggies a day

      - Keep a food diary


           Now, I found the last two pretty easy to keep, which is great, because I've made a habit out of eating lots of fruits and veggies and being mindful of what I eat. However, I was less consistent with the rest of the goals on the list. 
           I had difficulty tracking how much sleep I got each night because I sleep in several different beds any given week (such is the life of a college student) and I tend to be unsure of what time it is when I go to bed or when I wake up. I have been getting up at a consistently early time though, which makes me think I've been getting a healthy amount of sleep. 
           I wasn't very consistent with my exercising and I didn't go running at all, which makes me think that maybe I should find a different and better source of cardio that I'll actually be motivated to stick to. The good news is that I have pledged to exercise every day for the next 28 days as part of a class assignment, so I'll be holding myself to it. I've also just felt a lot more motivated to do it recently, so that's an improvement. I did not to the 7 day Bootcamp and I think that might be due to the fact that the concept of doing it was kind of intimidating. I think I need to work my way up to that level. I may do it after the 28 days of consecutive exercise. 
           Overall, this month provided me with the knowledge that I need to more carefully consider my goals by making sure they are something I can do and something I want to do. 

           Now, moving on to February's theme, the goals I have outlined for myself for the month of Self-Love are:

      - Exercise and eat well

      - Wear a different cute outfit every day

      - Read You Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. Hay

      - Do daily affirmations

      - 5 Minute Stretch and Smile in the mornings

      - Write in my  Radical Self Love bible every day

      - Do all Homework Assignments on Love and Sequins

      So far, I seem to be off to a pretty great start!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)