Monday, July 21, 2014

Summer 2014 Gift Package Exchange!


Hey everyone! Long time no blog! I've been busy with work and summer classes, and I can't wait to show you all what I've made so far. But that's a story for another time. Today, I have some very exciting news. It's summer time, and here at Good Vibrations, that means it's gift package exchange time!! Are you guys excited or what?

Okay, without further ado, here's how it's going to work this year:

1. You email me your mailing address at aplleegrl@yahoo.com. 

3. You assemble your care package you are going to send. 

3. I randomly pick an address for you to send a care package to and email you the address by Sunday, August 3rd. 

4. You ship your package by August 4th, the Monday after next. 

5. You receive your own package and enjoy!!
Please note that you must join the swap by Sunday, August 3rd. 
I advise joining well ahead of the shipping date, which is the next day, August 4th. That way you will have a lot of time to prepare your package and make it look nice. Also, everyone must pay shipping for their own package

Sound good to you? Rad. So, now that you've decided to participate and have emailed me your address, you have a care package to assemble! But what are you going to put in it? Well, I happen to be participating in this swap myself, and I have a few ideas (of course!). 



- Some rad art prints for them to hang on their wall

- A cool movie for them to watch (VHSs are so cheap you guys)

- Delicious homemade cookies!

- A summer-themed mix CD

- A cute little zine, made by you! Try your hand at poetry, collaging, whatever you want! The recipient is sure to appreciate your artistic efforts. 

- Offer to be their pen pal :) Send a picture of yourself and a nice letter!

- A nice smelling mini body spray or lotion


- A handmade patch that says something sassy on it

- Glitter. Because why not?

- A cute folder or notebook to keep them organized

- Try writing a note to them with this theme: Your 5 best pieces of advice! Chances are they'll appreciate it. 

- Make them a mini photo album or scrapbook where they can put pictures from this summer

- Yummy homemade fudge

- 5 bucks, because they will definitely appreciate that!

- A cute little tin or box for them to use. You could paint it yourself!

Don't forget to look at my posts here  and here for other lists of ideas and look here to see what packages we sent and received last year! These are just a few ideas I cooked up, if you think of more, that's great! If you want to go the extra mile, try and make the package itself look pretty and festive as well! If you need inspiration, check out The Happy Mail Project, which is where the top photo is from. 

Please note that the last day to join the swap is Sunday, August 3rd. 
After this time I will not be accepting any more potential swappers. 

Email me at aplleegrl@yahoo.com if you're interested and tell your friends about it too! The more people we get involved, the more fun it will be!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! I always read and respond :)